Friday 30 January 2015

The Theory of Everything (2015)

Title:                                 The Theory of
                                          Everything (12A)
Release Date (UK):          2nd January 2015
Director:                           James Marsh
Starring:                           Eddie Redmayne, 
                                          Felicity Jones, Tom Prior
Duration time:                  123 minutes

Synopsis
Directed by James Marsh, The Theory of Everything tells the story of celebrated scientist Stephen Hawking (portrayed by Eddie Redmayne). As a graduate doctoral student at the university of Cambridge, he found himself becoming one of the leading minds of his generation and finding love in Jane Wilde (Felicity Jones). However, Stephen is diagnosed with ALS quite early on, a disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord and due to this, Stephen finds himself becoming less able to control his own body. Jane continues to care for him but as time goes on, she begins to feel less like his wife and more like his carer. The pair both develop feelings for other people. Stephen, a woman named Elaine (Maxine Peake) who is hired to care for him and Jane, a man named Jonathan (Charlie Cox) who she meets after joining the church choir. 

My Review
The hype revolving this film was too big, I couldn't not see this film. I can wholeheartedly say that it exceeded my expectations, after taking some convincing to watch it. I hadn't much knowledge on Stephen Hawking other than the fact he was diagnosed with ALS at an early age and so didn't really see much point in me seeing the film. However, I had heard from so many people in person, and on many social media platforms that Eddie Redmayne's performance as Stephen was phenomenal and after reading up a bit on the life of Stephen Hawking, I decided to give it a go.

I can't believe this film was 2 hours long, I mean, it really did not feel much longer than an hour it seemed to fly by. I was so fascinated by the movie and there was not a moment I found myself being bored by what was happening in the film. 

I don't really have much to say about this film as it truly did leave me speechless, but anybody who hasn't seen it already definitely should! Such a moving, inspiring film.


Chloe x





No comments:

Post a Comment